We have compiled this Wish List as a guideline. These are items available to the Women and children staying with us to use while at the Transition House, and to take with them when they leave. To help us make the Transition House a place of resources, and as comfortable for all Women and Children who require our services. Thank you for your generosity! Please contact us at 250-542-1122 for more information.
Unfortunately, we are not able to store clothing items. If you have clothing you wish to donate, please bring them to Common Threads is located in The Arbour 2601 43rd Avenue, and is open Mondays from 3 to 5 pm and Thursdays from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Women accessing our services who need clothing for themselves and/or their children are referred to the Arbor also knows as Common Threads.
- Long distance phone cards
- City transit passes
- Movie coupons,
- passes to rec centre, pool, fitness centres
- Journals and pens
- Pocket size personal calendars
- Key chains
- Food and groceries of all kinds, (Please note we cannot accept home canning).
- Snacks,lunch items for School and after school programs
- Cash donations are always needed and welcomed
Household Items (Gently-used items in working condition)
- Microwaves-in working and clean condition
- Dishes, cutlery, utensils, pots & pans
- Pillows- New only
- Bedding & towels clean and in good condition
- Please note that we do not accept:
- mattresses and box springs
- large bookcases
- china cabinets
- office equipment or furniture,
- Christmas trees or desks.
Toiletries and Personal Hygiene –
- New Undergarments all sizes: children, Women, teen girls and boys
- Socks all sizes: children, Women, teen girls and boys
- Tweezers, nail clippers and other manicure items –new only
- Personal hygiene products for teen girls and boys new only
- Toiletries, sanitary supplies, new deodorant
- Make-up New only